Friday 17 May 2013

Twas the Night Before China...

Tomorrow the adventure begins.
 
Not that we haven't been on an adventure. Trust me we have. We've seen our "family" in Cambodia, drove on tuk-tuks, rode on elephants, held tarantulas, had fish massages, lost a guest,  and been stuck on the Mekong River after sunset.
 
Oh, and I can't forget... the family being offered heroin at the riverfront. Yes, bag of herion held up to my face in front of my children. A Cambodian first.
 
We've travelled the land of our hearts. We've visited with dear friends. We've enjoyed really hot weather. And now it is the eve of our departure to be united with our son.
 
Over the last two weeks Caleb has never been far from our minds. He's been our distraction.
 
It has been glorious to see the kids at separate times, on their own bring up Caleb, letting us know that they, too, are thinking about their little brother.
 
During our visit to Angkor Wat Hudson informed us, "I sure wish Caleb were here with us." Already he wants his little brother to experience life with his family.
 
During lunch Mattea looked up and said, "I wonder what Caleb is doing now."
 
Yesterday Hudson produced a series of pictures depicting, "special things that tell people about Jesus. I'm making these for Caleb because he might not know Jesus yet."
 
Today Mattea told me, "I hope Caleb is really happy about us."
 
Every night my babies pray for their little brother. For his protection. For a good day. "That Caleb will be just like us." We think that is Hudson's way of saying that he will fit in with our family.
 
Even when we are out buying souvenirs the kids make sure we get something for Caleb as well.They are excited. We are excited.
 
The time has finally come.
 
It's time to go get our baby.
 
It is time to become a family of five.

No comments:

Post a Comment